There are some big decisions that need to be made and I am at a cross road on what to do. What some don't understand is that the salt patch is smack dab in the middle of every entity you can think of. We have the DOT, DNLR, County, Plantation, and of course people. Everyone of these entities does there part every day to do harm to the Salt Patch. Here are some prime examples:
1. The asphalt the county dumped on state property that has damaged our drainage system
2. The airport that thinks it needs to back fill every time the water hits the fence line of the airport because they are affaird a terrorist might climb under the fence.
3. A colleny of cats and the people that care for them - because like they state they been there for 7 years.
4. A park that can't keep there water lines and cespool in working order.
5. People - people think they can live in the salt patch, throw their bottles and rubbish in the salt patch.
6. A hui that would rather fight against me becasue I wasn't raised good enough for them.
7. An airport that thinks flying over us is okay. That all the dust they create is okay.
Even though I have explained time and time again how important the salt patch is to our Culture, our History, our Hawaii I still get the same bullshit. The same story - everyone is inspired until it's time to make some big decisions.
I am at a cross road - i don't know where to go - i don't what to do. I know what the big picture is but what road do I trust? Do I show my cards just yet? Or show some and hide the rest.......
Why is this so hard - why can't we all understand that culture can't survive unless people allow it to. Why is it such a battle to protect. I don't understand!
So without showing any of my cards and I am tossing a quarter in the air - heads or tails - county or state - who would you rather talk to - County - State - ennie mini mine mo...........